Adobe Bridge 2023 is like a computer file manager, but has a useful number of extra features that Windows Explorer and Mac Finder do not have. It is useful for managing digital assets used in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InCopy, and Acrobat, and other softwares.
(1) Launch Adobe Bridge 2023 (or earlier versions).
(2) Open the preferences dialog box. Click on (macOS) Bridge > Preferences; or (Windows 10) Edit > Preferences. You can also press Cmd/Ctrl+K as a keyboard shortcut to open Bridge 2023 preferences dialog box.
(3) Under preferences section called Startup Scripts, click the “Reveal My Startup Scripts” button.
(4) In the folder window that opens up, you can either Drag ’n’ Drop your files into the Startup Scripts folder. You can also copy ’n’ paste your script into this folder. The script is now installed and you can close the folder window.
5) You must now quit/exit and then restart Adobe Bridge 2023. A keyboard shortcut for quitting this program is Cmd/Ctrl+Q. Click the Adobe Bridge 2023 icon on the desktop or dock/taskbar to restart the program.
6) As Adobe Bridge 2023 restarts, it warns you that it found a new extension (your script) and asks you if you want to enable it now. Click ‘Yes’ to complete the installation of your script.
Your scripts are now available to use from Adobe Bridge 2023. You will see them when you click on the Tools menu (and sometimes Tools > Photoshop, or other clickable listings).
But where can you get Adobe Bridge (and Photoshop) scripts? Here are a few resources: